"Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.'
Start where you stand,
and work with whatever tools you may
have at your command,
and better tools will be found as you go along."
~ Napoleon Hill
As a recent graduate I'm both frustrated and blessed to temporarily be apart of the education system. Frustrated as I'm meandering through these past months waiting anxiously for new curve balls to be thrown, to hear for new information from the Peace Corps, to learn of where I'll be spending the next 27 months of my life; however, blessed because I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a breathe of fresh air.
Start where you stand.
I think this statement interests me so much in part because it's so contrary to the culture we live in. We go to school to become educated. We become educated to teach others and to obtain a job to maintain ourselves. We live in a culture of stepping stones, of progressive growth. To start where we stand doesn't necessarily imply any previous knowledge or growth- it's impulsive, it's without instruction, it's a clean slate.
And so I find this very appropriate considering where I find myself these days: Prepared for life outside of the system, to fly by the seat of my pants and to learn how to adapt along the way. I can't think of anything more thrilling.
Start where you stand,
and work with whatever tools you may
have at your command,
and better tools will be found as you go along."
~ Napoleon Hill
As a recent graduate I'm both frustrated and blessed to temporarily be apart of the education system. Frustrated as I'm meandering through these past months waiting anxiously for new curve balls to be thrown, to hear for new information from the Peace Corps, to learn of where I'll be spending the next 27 months of my life; however, blessed because I wouldn't have it any other way. It's a breathe of fresh air.
Start where you stand.
I think this statement interests me so much in part because it's so contrary to the culture we live in. We go to school to become educated. We become educated to teach others and to obtain a job to maintain ourselves. We live in a culture of stepping stones, of progressive growth. To start where we stand doesn't necessarily imply any previous knowledge or growth- it's impulsive, it's without instruction, it's a clean slate.
And so I find this very appropriate considering where I find myself these days: Prepared for life outside of the system, to fly by the seat of my pants and to learn how to adapt along the way. I can't think of anything more thrilling.
No comments:
Post a Comment